Tuesday, October 7, 2008

... playgroup.

Two of my friends (and their kids!) have started a playgroup once a week. We take turns hosting at our house, and the other moms can stay or go. Today it was my turn to host, so I had three kids this morning. I am really enjoying this! First, because I spend my time playing with the kids when it's my turn to host. I know I don't play with Rachael as often as she would like, so having her friends over is a good excuse to just sit on the floor and play with them. (Clark spent a lot of time "shooting" at me with the blue light on the Bumblebee toy. He laughed hysterically every time I pretended to get shot. So cute!) Secondly I think it's great for Rachael to play with other kids on a regular basis. I also like the idea of being able to do something all by myself in the middle of the day!

I got to talk to Alex for a little while, too, since he stayed for lunch today. I can't believe he's not even 2 years old yet. Here he is talking about how his dad plays the cello (he plucks the cello and he bows the cello.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1-qqmrGTKU

Thanks Niki for a great idea!

1 comment:

Jared and Niki said...

playgroup is so fun. I think its great all around too. I do play with my kids a lot more when I am babysitting, too. and a little free time is heaven!