Tuesday, October 28, 2008

... and eveyone is OK.

Tonight on my way back from Book Club I came across an accident that had just happened. I won't go into details, but the experience made me grateful for many things:
  • I was paying attention while I was driving.
  • Cell phones to cal 911. How did we report accidents before cell phones?
  • Fast emergency responders. The first police car was on the scene in less than 2 minutes, and the ambulance wasn't far behind.
  • Being able to stay calm in a scary situation.
  • The blanket in the back of my car. Of course I left the house without a coat (who needs a coat to go from the driveway to the house?), and it was cold last night.
  • Ryan stayed up to help me wind down after I got home. Even though he is still a little jet-lagged. Thanks.
  • It looks like everyone will be all right.
All in all it was a scary experience; I'm grateful too for the hundreds of days I have that are uneventful and safe.

No comments: