Wednesday, October 8, 2008

... and an unexpected night out.

My little girl, my darling daughter, my shopping partner, my ever-ready lunch date... after dinner, she walked up between Ryan and I, and I said, "Yes, Rachael?"

"No, I just want to talk to Daddy."

Then she asked her daddy if he would like to play Cootie or Star Wars with her, and invited me to leave the house or at least go back into the kitchen.

My sweet baby has become Daddy's Girl.

Don't worry about me... I'm off to the mall.


Postcript
I was gone tonight, but this is what happened the last time Rachael and Daddy played Lego Star Wars.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Actually, according to Rachael, we were playing "Diego Star Wars".

Lorie said...

How wonderful!! I bet Ryan loved it, too!

Rochelle said...

If that doesn't make you laugh, nothing will! That was great! I love your 'Thankful' Blog