Friday, December 5, 2008

... rescuing Rudolph.

Tonight Rachael and I went to the Richmond Christmas Parade. We left Daddy home; he's fighting off a cold and the 20 degree weather would not have agreed with him. We were suppose to go to a friend's house who lives right on the parade route, but we didn't make it in time before the roads closed, so we ended up at a different spot. Despite the below freezing weather Rachael had a marvelous time. She's pretty sure the entire parade was just for her enjoyment.

The best part of the night for me was later, though, when we realized we had left Rudolph. She wanted to take him to the parade, but in rounding up all our stuff at the end he was forgotten. I have had Rudolph for awhile; I bought him at Media Play when we lived in Westminster. (At least 9 years ago!). Rachael has become quite attached to him lately. I threw on my coat over my pajamas and headed back to our spot.

I made it! I saw the clean up crew heading down the street but got there ahead of them. There was Rudolph, waiting for me. I feel like a hero tonight.

2 comments:

Karin said...

You ARE a Hero!
You are such a good mom!

Lorie said...

Nice save!