Monday, December 15, 2008

... scriptures.

We have had lots of lessons in Family Home Evening about obedience. Rachael is three, I expect we have a lot more in our future.

We usually try to read one or two verses of the Book of Mormon; I read and Rachael repeats back. I once figured out that at the current rate it will take us over 150 years to finish. But tonight I think we came across the first scripture that Rachael found relevant, 1 Nephi 2:3.

"And it came to pass that he was obedient unto the word of the Lord, wherefore he did as the Lord commanded him."

(The scripture is about Lehi preparing to take his family into the wilderness).

Rachael immediately recognized the word 'obedient' and was pretty excited about it. So was I!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You probably don't remember me, but your "today I'm thankful for..." things really make my day! I don't keep a gratitude journal, but I love reading yours!

Angela Alexander
Carbon Valley Ward
angela@alexfam.com