Thursday, July 24, 2008

... Pioneer Day.

If you're not from Utah, then July 24h probably has no significance. If you are then you know it's bigger than the 4th of July. It commemorates the day Brigham Young and this first group of pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley, and it's a chance to remember our Pioneer Heritage. I'm certainly grateful for all the sacrifices our ancestors made to come across the plains and built up the church in the early days. Between Ryan and I, we have quite a handful. Here are a few that I could find pictures of...

Parley P Pratt; my great-great-great-great-grandfather


Mary Alice Cannon; my great-great-great-grandmother


Benjamin Woodbury Driggs; my great-great-great-grandfather


And of course Ryan's great-great-great-great-grandfather, Thomas E Ricks.

2 comments:

Jolayne said...

I love your new layout. Very sharp. Check out the award I gave you on my blog.

Karin said...

Wow! What a great heritage you have! I had no idea that you are related to Parley P Pratt! How cool is that? I too am thankful for my heritage!
I always look at your blog! I love how positive it is!