Wednesday, November 5, 2008

... sisters-in-law.

When I married my husband, I also got his parents and his two sisters. I already have three sisters, so that brought the total to five. (Ryan gained one brother-in-law, my brother. So not fair to him. Too bad.) But I quickly grew to love them both and we are all one big happy family.

The first time I met Lorie she was 15 years old and we met at Ryan's band concert. (He played trombone in high school and in college; this was a college concert.) She was so cute - we were both wearing purple shirts in the same shade of purple and black pants. (No picture - sorry.) Fast forward a few years - she gave birth to her first son, Braden, just three weeks after Rachael was born. We enjoyed sharing the joys and sleeplessness of our first kids with each other.

It's her 30th birthday today, so in honor of having known her for half her life, I dug up a couple of pictures. I really should drag out the one from my wedding, but it's not digital. Yet...

Happy Birthday Lorie!

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Amazing how my hair is getting lighter instead of darker as I get older, huh? Naturally, of course!

Thanks, Krissy!