Friday, November 28, 2008

... blogging friends.

Because I kind of use this blog as a journal, and because someday I will go back and look at the list of all the blogs I read and not remember any of them, I wanted to write a post about all the bloggers on my page. (I have tried to use blogger's pseudonymns and not use last names where it applies.)

Perspicacious Words is Ryan's blog. He likes to document all his fishing trips. For the family he documents his trips to China. I format it with periods to keep it at the top of my list.

Applegators is David Applegate and Megean Boardman. They are getting married in less than 3 weeks! Meg used to live in our ward (her family is still here) and although I don't know her really well it's fun to keep up with her as she prepares to get married.

B&B Transplants is Ben and Breanne. Breanne used to be one my Young Women when I lived in Longmont, CO and was in the YW organization. She's all grown up and married and almost graduated from BYU-I. She and her husband live in Rexburg.

Be the Pigeon is my friend Chris from Firestone, CO. His wife also blogs on Only With the Heart. Chris has a great sense of humor.

Blog with the Stanworths is my good friend Erica and her husband Jamey in Firestone. When I lived in CO Erica was my favoritest hairdresser ever. We also served together in Primary. I love keeping up with her family on her blog.

Building on the (little) rock is my friend Rochelle. We used to live in the same ward together in Colorado, but now she and her husband live in Utah. She has four kids; her third is a daughter named Sadie that is about four weeks older than Rachael. She was a great mommy resource for me when I was a new mommy. Now she is a source of inspiration because I am serving in RS and she did that very well for a long time.

Family Doings is D'Ann and her family in Berea. Until very recently we lived in the same ward! Then our ward split. Now I love keeping up with her via her blog since we don't see each other nearly as often. She's also a reader and has great suggestions for books to read.

Gang of Seven is Amy's blog. Amy is my sister-in-law's sister-in-law. OK so I guess that makes us not really related but she's lots of fun and we run into each other once in awhile for family gatherings. She is the mom of five boys ages 8 to newborn and she is amazing.

Good Times is my sweet friend Ashly who used to live here in Richmond but moved to Louisville. We are the same age and even went to Ricks College the same year (although we didn't know each other then). She still comes out to Richmond to visit occasionally. She has also offered to watch Rachael so Ryan and I can go to the temple and I am seriously going to take her up on that. One day.

Haley & Doug are our friends from Firestone. Doug got made a High Priest while we lived there but is only a couple of months older than Ryan. He is affectionately referred to as Old Man Lindhardt.

Jamestown Holler is one my my newest friends, Stacy. She recently moved here from Texas and is building a new house here in Richmond. It's fun to see her new house pics - it reminds me of when we built a new house.

Jessie's Jabbers is my friend Jessie. She blogs about her family and especially her cute daughter Aiden who is a little older than Rachael. Jessie lived here in Richmond with her family when we first moved here, then she moved to Illinois but now she is back. She's also Megean's sister (from Applegators). She is amazing at crochet and has her own webstite, littlecrochic.com.

Just in case you wanted to know is my friend Jen from Frederick. She loves animals and gardening, and has three boys. She's the only one I know that loves it when a bat lands on the deck. And photographs it for her blog. Plus her youngest son makes up the cutest little song titles.

Kirynie is my friend Kelsey's baby girl. Kelsey and I were friends in high school. He now lives with his family in England. (This is a private blog).

Lauren and Matt is another couple that was recently married. Lauren was another of my Young Women from Colorado. They currently live in Utah. I'm so happy to see my former YW so blessed.

Little Town Adventures is my friend Karin from high school and from my ward growing up. She has two cute girls, one of whom is named Rachel. (This is also a private blog).

Lubin' Life is Denisha's blog. Denisha is Kristy's daughter; Kristy lives in my ward here in Richmond and we used to serve in RS together. Denisha has two darling daughters. I'm kind of a lurker on her blog.

Manly Musings is Shane's blog. Shane is married to Rochelle of Building on the (little) rock fame. Shane used to think blogging was cool but apparently has better things to do with his time.

My Life as a Big Brother is Evan's blog. Evan is Amy's (Gang of Seven) oldest son; he is eight years old and I think the youngest blogger I know.

My Miscellaneous Musings is my dear friend Carli's blog. This is the first blog I ever followed regularly. I still love to check on her and her husband and their three cute kids. She is a very passionate person in everything she does.

My Providential Existence is my wonderful sister-in-law Lorie's blog. She's the only other member of our families (besides Ryan) with her own blog. I really love keeping up with my nephews and their family, especially since they live all the way out in California.

Nikki's Party Time is my good friend Nikki who used to live here in KY but recently moved to Utah. We miss her dearly but enjoy keeping up with her.

Only With the Heart is Jolayne, married to Chris of Be the Pigeon. They have three girls, the youngest of whom is also three years old. Ryan and Chris were good friends before we left Colorado and I think we would have all been great friends if we were still there. I'm glad we can still keep in touch through blogging.

Orchard Family Blog is Jenny who used to live here for only a few months but has moved to Connecticut. She has four boys! She still visits here from time to time because her mother-in-law is a sweet lady in our ward.

Ordinary Adventures is another KY friend who has since moved, Courtney. She and her husband and daughter now live in Chicago. One of my all time favorite blogs was when Paige swallowed a button.

Professional Students is a cousin of mine who lives in Michigan. We actually haven't seen each other in years, but we are both married and each have one little girl. As you might have guessed, she and her husband are both students.

Snips, Snails and a Pinch of Sugar is another Colorado friend, Brandy. We never seemed to be in the same circles in the ward (if I was in Primary, she was in YW, etc) but we have managed run into each other off and on the last couple of years so it's been great to still check in on her family. She has four boys and one sweet girl.

So here we are is the blog of an old college friend of Ryan and I; actually it's his wife's blog. They recently moved from Denver to Evanston, WY. They have three darling kids. (This is a private blog).

So the journey begins is Carrie, my best friend from high school. She hasn't blogged in awhile.

Team Tippets is a new friend, Niki. She has three cute boys and we have playdates with her son Clark sometimes. Clark and Rachael will be Sunbeams together in January.

The Way I See the World is my sweet friend Becky. She has her own photography business in CO and sometimes she posts pics from her sessions, sometimes pics from her family. She's extremely talented!

Tirsa & Blaine live in CO and although we didn't get to know each other that well before we moved, they have two darling adopted children and it's always great to know another adoption advocate.

Vaulted Skies is a friend from CO who moved to Oregon, JoAnn. I just recently stumbled across her blog.

And of course there is our family blog, The Family Ricks, because I am just so cool that I need two blogs.

I'm grateful for all of you and I'm so thankful we live in an era where I can stalk people on the computer to keep up with them instead of doing something useful, like writing them letters.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Thanks Kristin for listing who everyone is...I will admit I have stocked a few of these blogs from your list! I agree... It is great to have so many friends and it is so great to be able to blogstock. and to keep in contact with everyone!