Monday, June 9, 2008

... sunscreen.

Or as Rachael puts it, "sun-scream." Which is a pretty accurate description of the sunburn I gave myself last week.

Rachael and I went to the new pool here in town last week. It's really more like a water park; they have two big slides and two kiddie slides, a zero entry pool, and a regular lap pool. It's lots of fun. So much so, in fact, today I bought a season pass so we can go all summer long.

Back to the sun-scream, it's been 90+ degrees here lately, and I'm glad I've managed to get Rachael mostly covered with it. Otherwise she would be suffering from major sunburn! I know because I forgot to sun-scream myself last week, and my shoulders still haven't recovered. So I guess I'm also grateful for aloe lotion.



3 comments:

Karin said...

I still remember the sunburns that I would get those summers at your house while hanging out in the pool! Those were the days! I still can't believe that my parents and your parents let us stay alone that one summer! We were "hot stuff" back then!

Kristin said...

No kidding! I guess we must have been fairly trustworthy back then...

Karin said...

or we put on a good act...
No I think that we were good kids!