Tuesday, June 17, 2008

... fancy hairstyles.

I'll admit, I always wanted a little girl so I could do all kinds of fancy hairstyles, like ponytails and braids. Rachael's hair is still too fine and too short to do much with, but once in awhile I give it a try. She's usually fairly patient. Watching TV while I work really helps!

This is called a princess crown (I think) and we have a total of 18 rubber bands. I actually don't think it's a particularly good look on Rachael, but you don't find these things out until you try. Maybe she needs her bangs - we are growing them out right now.

(I am a "cool mom," though... check out the awesome butterfly temporary tattoo on the arm!)

5 comments:

Lorie said...

Awww! I may never get to do a girl's hair! However, Braden does have an awesome head of it-maybe I could try to do it while his dad is at work....

Erica said...

You did a great job on it though. I think it looks beautiful!

Jolayne said...

I don't know that I could get Kristen to sit still long enough to do that. She gets so many knots in her hair that most days, I barely comb through it, put it in a pony tail, and call it good.

Karin said...

Love the hair-do! My Rachel love to get her hair done! Especially if it is the "in" style! I think that your Rachael looks ever so much like a princess with the do! Great job!

Ryan said...

Lorie - Do NOT try this on Braden's hair. I will tell his father!