Friday, June 6, 2008

... a good helper.

Last night Rachael spent quite a bit of time in the living room. I didn't know what she was doing, but she sounded happy and occupied, so I left her to it. That night when I put her to bed, I peeked in the living room and discovered she found my acrylic paints and brushes, and had emptied the entire bag and been pretending to paint. (Thanks goodness she didn't open any paints - imagine the mess!). I was too tired to deal with cleaning it all up so I left it for the next day.

Today I checked in on her in the morning, since she got to the living room before I did. I expected to find her "painting" again, but to my surprise she had cleaned everything up! I think it's the first time she has ever cleaned anything up without actually being asked first. It was a sweet surprise!

1 comment:

Karin said...

That is too sweet! What a nice suprise to wake up to!