Tuesday, September 23, 2008

... walking shoes and the Kelty carrier.

This morning we hiked up to Laurel Falls, about 2.4 miles roundtrip. I'm glad I have good walking shoes, and especially that I was prepared for a hike of that distance. It was almost all uphill to get there. (Which means it was all downhill to get back, which is activities that are beyond what Rachael can do by herself.

This afternoon we hiked to the top to Clingman's Dome, the highest point in the Smokies at 6,643 ft. I great). I also love our Kelty carrier, which allows us to plan walking was not smart enough to remember to bring the carrier. Rachael was a champ - she walked a lot of the nearly straight uphill half mile climb.

I'm thankfull, too, that we picked such an amazing place for a vacation! I love the mountains and all the trees!

No comments: