Monday, September 22, 2008

... a family vacation.

We are off on our second real family vacation of the year, five days in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. We are spending some time in Great Smoky Mountain National Park. I really love it because these are real, honest-to-goodness mountains. They don't go above treeline (the highest point is about 6643 ft) but they rise nearly 5,000 feet above the surrounding area, so it's much like the Rocky Mountains next to Denver.

We made a stop at Bass Pro Shop (the Southern Man's Cabela's), which is like a vacation in itself.

The boat Rachael and I offered to buy for Daddy. (He said no.)


Practicing on the fourwheelers. She's ready to take one on all by herself at Grandma & Grandpa's house!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh, she is so stinkin' cute! Have a great time! And yes, I will adopt you both. Can you imagine what my house would look like then? How fun it would be!! :)