Saturday, August 9, 2008

... the walls are finished!

Hooray! The painting is done. And I mean DONE - I have now painted every room in this house, plus all the trim, and all the doors. Even most of the closets. Whew!

The stripes turned out really great. It's a really subtle effect, though, so it doesn't photograph especially well. I'm really pleased with the results.

Rachael being a great helper. Well, she had a lot of fun anyway!

Miles of tape

Here's the end result. It's two sheens (eggshell and semi-gloss) of the same color, Light Raffia.

3 comments:

Erica said...

I think that looks so awesome!! I could tell the difference. You and Ryan have done a ton of work to your house- I'm sure it is beautiful!!

Karin said...

I love it! What a great idea! You did a beautiful job!

Amy said...

That is so pretty! You've inspired me to try the same technique in our house. Maybe it will even take some baby weight off at the same time!