Wednesday, August 20, 2008

... a happy accident.

Yesterday I registered for an account at Bluegrass Dance Center, the local dance place. I thought I had mistakenly already registered for a class, but after some back and forth email, it turns out I really had not. After all my confusion I did eventually sign up Rachael for a kids ballet class for ages 3-4 every Wednesday, so today was our first class. [Does this mean I'm thankful I'm an idiot sometimes? Or that their website is clunky and difficult? Whatever!] She was so excited she could hardly stand it!

Ready for class. Since we just decided to do this yesterday, we don't have any dance clothes yet.



Learning to plie. They learned first position and second position as well. (The pictures are really grainy because I took them without the flash through a one-way mirror.)

Learning to jump on one foot. (Rachael still can't do it. Probably won't be able to for some time; but she's little so it's OK).

Listening to the instructor.

Rachael has never been to a structured class before (except nursery) so it was a challenge to sit still or stand in one place. (She took lots of mad dashes around the room). She's also the smallest (no surprise there) and probably the youngest. I've never taken a dance class either, so it was a learning experience for all of us!

5 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh My Gosh! That is the cutest thing!! Please send lots and lots of pictures and video, too! She is so dang cute!!

Lorie said...

I keep coming back to look at these pictures! I can't get enough!

Amy said...

I'm feeling like Lorie....I can't get enough either! Can she be my cyber-daughter? :)

Lorie said...

Back again...Have you sent these pictures to Lynne? She'll eat them up, too!

Kristin said...

Glad you like the pictures! Amy you can totally have Rachael anytime. ;)