Sunday, August 24, 2008

... they mostly stay outside.

It's spider season.

This is the time of year that the big spiders start spinning webs, mostly on the back of the house. This charming arachnid - who is larger that a quarter, you will just have to take my word - is spinning a web that covers nearly half the door on one of my french doors on the back of the house. I would like to photograph the web one day, but I'll have to figure out the best way to set up for that.

I'm not really afraid of spiders, but these big ones are pretty creepy. Most of them are not poisonous, but we do get brown recluse spiders and brown widow spiders. [Tangent here: I'm surprised at the number of people who say re-CLOOSE instead of RECK-loose for recluse.] I'm mostly OK with any of them as long as they stay outside!

No comments: