Thursday, February 28, 2008

... the Three Little Pigs.

Tonight I put both Anika and Rachael to bed. Chad and Lesley are enjoying a well-deserved night out. Rachael and Anika both went to bed in the same room at the same time, and that is a feat in and of itself.

They have slightly different bedtime routines, but not by much. We read books with ours; I think Chad tells stories. I couldn't find a book but Anika requested "The Three Little Pigs," one that I am familiar with from my own childhood. I'm not the great storyteller I remember my father being, or where the green blankets were suppose to go, but my version must have worked with these girls because they both thought it was great. Our first house was sticks, the second building blocks (Rachael's idea) and the third bricks (Anika's contribution).

I'm glad my parents brought me up with traditions that we can continue with our kids, and that I still remember how to tell the story!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

When in doubt you can always tell them the story of Star Wars!