Thursday, February 14, 2008

... my Valentine.

Thanks Erica for the cute idea!



WHAT IS HIS NAME?

Ryan Dean Ricks


HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED?

13 short, wonderful years




HOW LONG DID YOU DATE?

Four weeks and one day. But we knew each other for about six months before that; we went to school together and were in institute together. (Sidebar here: don't you wish they would call the collegiate version of seminary something besides institue? It always sounds like I was crazy for awhile. OK, maybe that's true.)


WHO SAID I LOVE YOU FIRST?

He did. Four weeks after we started dating.


WHO SLEEPS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BED?

This is a trick question for us. Ryan sleeps in the middle and I squish in on the left side.


WHO MOWS THE LAWN?

Ryan, and he misses the Kubota.


WHO DRIVES?

It depends on which car we take - I drive if it's my car and he drives if it's his.


WHO PROPOSED?

Ryan did. But I knew it was coming... I knew we were going to get married after our first date. I just had to wait for him to come around. Didn't take nearly as long as I thought.


WHO WEARS THE PANTS?

He does. But I buy them and launder them. And tell him which ones to wear.


WHO DO YOU LOVE HIM?

Why not? He's so darn cute. He's a great provider for our family and an awesome dad to Rachael. And he worships the ground I walk on.


Love you sweethart!

3 comments:

Jolayne said...

I love the pants comment--made me laugh out loud. So true. Super tribute.

Erica said...

That was awesome! I'm so glad that you did it.

Ryan said...

Let's be absolutely clear - I wear the pants in this family!! (Is it okay if I say that dear?)

I love you Kristin!