Wednesday, February 20, 2008

... instant messaging.

Today, the fates aligned. Or the moon and the earth and the stars, whatever. It was a total lunar eclipse, accompanied by Saturn and Regulus.

AND I live in the best time zone for it. AND it really wasn't too late - about 10:30 PM at full. AND the skies were clear - which almost never happens. (We miss a lot of cool stuff because of cloudy weather). AND I have a cool Canon SLR camera. AND a tripod. AND a big lens, and an extender.

Almost everything I know about photography I have learned from my husband, and when I take pictures of things like waterfalls and lunar eclipses, he's there to help me run my camera and get the settings right. Except today, when he's a million miles away in a factory in China.

So today I am extremely grateful for instant messaging. He was able to answer all my questions and help me set up to take some really neat pictures.



Here's the tripod setup... I took pictures until it almost fell over. (No, the flash wasn't really necessary!)

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Nice photo.

Carrie said...

Robb tried on Wednesday as well to get a shoot of the lunar eclipse. Unfortunately we had cloud cover. You did get a great shot.