Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Visting Mom and Dad

This past week Rachael and I have been visiting my parents in Tremonton. Back in January Ryan booked his last trip to China, which was scheduled to go for most of the month of February. Since Rachael's birthday is right in the middle of February, it seemed inevitable that he would miss it. I found a really great price on airline tickets ($500 for Rachael and I from Lexington!) so I booked tickets for us to go to Utah so we could spend Rachael's birthday with some family. Then, of course, Ryan's trip got canceled just a couple of days before he was scheduled to leave. Having spent the money on airline tickets, Rachael and I went ahead and took our trip.
Another wrinkle was when we discovered my mother would be babysitting my nephew Nicholas for the entire week. He's a cute little boy and I'm glad he was there because I haven't seen him in a few months. This is a picture of my multi-talented mother reading two books to two grandkids at the same time.

These trips are always too short... it seems like we never get to do all the things we want to or visit all the people we want to see, but it's still great to spend a little time with the family.

No comments: