Monday, February 2, 2009

Good Books

A couple of years ago I read "These is my Words" by Nancy E Turner. It was so fascinating I read the second book, "Sarah's Quilt," and I just recently finished the third book in the group, "The Star Garden."

My favorite was the first one, because I think it is the most compelling story of the three. It's a historical fiction of a woman who lived in the late 1800's and early 1900's, and it is fascinating to see what life was like back then. It's also a great example of never judging a book by the cover; I figured with such rotten grammar for the title there was no way I would enjoy reading it. How wrong I was! It starts with poor grammar but as the narrator's education progresses the writing becomes much better.

1 comment:

Lorie said...

I'm in need of a good book - maybe I'll go pick that one up!