Friday, August 21, 2009

Meat Tenderizer

Today Rachael got stung by a bee. It was bound to happen eventually; I think everyone has to get stung at least once in their lives. I'm not sure what happened but I think she picked the flower that the bee was sitting on. She got stung right in the cheek.

Grandma quickly asked if we wanted to put meat tenderizer on it. What? I had never heard that either, but you'll try anything to make a bee sting feel better. She made a little paste of the tenderizer with some water and put it on the wound, which was already starting to swell.

It worked! Believe it or not, it was amazing. It drew out a little blood and most of the venom, and within 15 minutes the swelling was already starting to recede. After a couple of hours it looked kind of like a three day old mosquito bite, and Rachael said it didn't even hurt anymore.

Now I just need to buy some to keep at home!

No comments: