Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Comfort

Last night Rachael was up again at 4:30 in the morning. This happens once in awhile, usually when we have an overnight thunderstorm with sharp, cracking thunder. I went into her room to help her fall back asleep.

As is her usual fashion in these cases, she chattered to me nonstop for about 20 minutes. I don't remember most of the conversation (come on, it's 4 in the morning!) but here is a snippet:

"Mom, if our house catches on fire, can we leave?"

"Sure honey." (Why is she worrying about the house being on fire? Too tired to care right now.)

"Can we all go together?"

"I sure hope so." (Assuming this fire happens when we are all home.)

"OK. Can we take your car?"

"Um, sure." (Why would she care which car? Weird.)

"OK thanks Mom." Then she moved on to some other random topic.


I guess as long as we all get out together and we leave in my car, she's not afraid of the house being on fire.

No comments: