Friday, June 12, 2009

Crime and Punishment

Preface: when I talk on the phone (especially with my mom or my sister) I walk around and clean the house. My two favorite tasks while I'm on the phone are dusting and polishing the furniture - they don't take a lot of brain power.

The other day I was on the phone and decided to polish the dining room table. After giving it a good wipe-down, I left the cleaning stuff out, so I could go back in a few minutes and see if it needed to be done again. Then I wandered off to do something else.

Rachael loves to clean things. And she loves to be Mommy's helper. She came across my cleaning rag and the Orange Glo, and took it upon herself to give the table some more shine. A LOT more shine. Like half a bottle more.

Pros: It looks great! And the dining room smells faintly of orange.

Cons: The 4-year-old shouldn't really be cleaning the table all by herself, should she? But what do I do for a punishment? She already cleaned the table...

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Make her clean out the basement!

Stacy James said...

She's so good at polishing, have her do the REST of the furniture! My bet is she'll get over her love for cleaning really fast.