Tuesday, April 15, 2008

... past... present... future.

OK Erica I'll give it a try...

20 years ago - 1988

  • I started as a freshman at Standley Lake High School.
  • My parents moved about six blocks, but it was across a county line, so I had to change schools. I was none to happy about it.
  • My youngest sister celebrated her second birthday.

10 years ago - 1998

  • We both graduated two years prior with bachelors degrees.
  • We were living in our first house.

5 Years Ago - 2003

  • We celebrated our ninth wedding anniversary - I got a pearl necklace.
  • My parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary.
  • Ryan spent most of the year on dialysis, and had a kidney transplant that November.
  • I was working at my third job since graduating college. Ryan was still at his first.
  • I started taking mostly digital pictures.

1 Year Ago - 2007

  • We celebrated Rachael's 2nd birthday. Hooray!
  • We have been living in Kentucky for two years.
  • We spent the year traveling... we went to San Francisco, Key West, Myrtle Beach, Pennsylvania, Niagara Falls, Salt Lake City, and Idaho Falls, all in one year. (We're a little crazy).

6 Months Ago - Fall 2007

  • I celebrated another birthday over 30.
  • We went to Niagara Falls, then to Lesley's house in Pennsylvania to see her third baby girl (Kaelyn Scout) blessed in church.
  • We agonized over our trip to Utah & Idaho for Christmas.

So Far This Year - 2008

  • Rachael celebrated her third birthday with a princess party.
  • Rachael is almost completely potty trained!
  • Less travel... but one trip to Savannah, GA that was lots of fun.
  • Ryan has been to China twice so far.

What is next for this year?

  • I'm going on a girls trip to Nauvoo in May - Ryan will stay with Rachael.
  • We're going to Disney World!
  • Ryan will take more trips to China.
  • We're going to have Thanksgiving on the beach again.

1 comment:

Erica said...

That was so neat reading about you. I check your blog all the time. I love reading about the things you are grateful for!