Wednesday, April 9, 2008

... a chance to share.

Today I was asked to play the piano at a funeral. The service was held at a funeral home, and instead of having a piano right in the room, it was an electric keyboard. It was located in a tiny room adjacent to the service, where the sound equipment is also kept. (Picture it a little larger than a bathroom, and painted black.) This is so that the piano can be plugged into the sound system. I kind of liked it; no one could see me! I spent the entire service in this small room with the funeral director.

He was an interesting man. He was raised Jewish but converted to Christianity. He had not heard very many LDS services (we typically have them in our own church buildings, but not always), so he had some questions about our faith. One of the speakers read all the articles of faith, and he was interested in some of the things that were there.

I'm glad I had an unexpected chance to share the gospel with someone!

I was also glad to be able to help with the funeral and the dinner afterwards. I have appreciated in the past when other wards have rendered this service to my extended family, so I am glad to reciprocate.

No comments: