Sunday, March 9, 2008

... keeping busy.

I have discovered that I get more from church when I am an active participant. It's a good thing, too; today I substituted at the organ, conducted in RS, substitute taught the lesson in RS (thankfully I was prepared), and then subtituted for the choir director. All in the same three hours - because of the weather a lot of people decided not to come to church today. (I'm still not used to that mentality!) So as a result the middle block of church was cancelled, so we had Relief Society right after sacrament. Except that I really could have used the time today, I thought it was really great. I think we could get used to that every week!

Anyway, I learned that participating in everything means that I have to pay attention and keep up with the conversation. And next week I'll be glad that it's someone else's turn!

No comments: