Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day


This morning Rachael made her bed all by herself, then put some "surprises" on it for me.  The surprises were a card, a bouquet she colored and cut out, and a picture of her with a poem.  She worked on all of them at school this week.

After her morning surprise, she asked if she could fix me breakfast. Here is a recap:
Rachael: Mom, what would you like?
Me: Probably cereal, since we have to leave for church soon.
Rachael: OK, what kind would you like?
Me: Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Rachael: Can you get a bowl for me?
Me: Sure.
Rachael poured the cereal in the bowl,, then said: Can you please get me some milk in a cup, so I can pour it over the cereal?
Me: Sure.
Rachael pours the milk over.  Then she put a spoon in it all by herself.

The best breakfast prepared by a six year old! It's nice to be loved.

No comments: