Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Great Minds

Last year the city made some "improvements" to the road our neighborhood is on. They widened it slightly, added a serious amount of water control (sewer, gutters, etc) and of course repaved when they were finished. It's nice that it's wider but they didn't change the curve of the road at all so it's not much of an improvement.

Along with these changes they left a large mountain of earth at a critical two way stop (the intersection of Four Mile Road and the Fieldstone neighborhood, if you know the area). The mountain nearly completely blocked the view of Four Mile from Ival James; so much that by the time you pulled out far enough to check for oncoming traffic, you may as well make the turn. I had several near-miss accidents, usually when I was on Four Mile. Anyway, I though to myself several times that it wouldn't take much to scrape that hill down a little, and especially how many accidents it would prevent.

Imagine my surprise when this morning they started work on that very project! It took one whole day, but they scraped the hill down, then put down some new grass seed.

I'm just still so surprised that no one had to get into an accident before changes were made. But I like it!

No comments: